Monday 9 April 2012

Phoenix

For my final garment I have chosen to do a Phoenix, for this I looked at eagles, because eagles are the closest bird to a Phoenix, the shape and features are similar. I also looked at fire, becasue the phoenix is usually seen linked to fire, this is becasue it is said that when the phoenix dies it bursts into flames,and from those ashes a new phoenix is born. Some people believe the phoenix lasts for thousands even millions of years at a time and there is only ever one until a new one is born.
Some images of the phoenix.



To start with I did some drawings of eagles and the phoenix, I also did some research, background knowledge. It was very hard for me find costume designers for the phoenix, because in modern day films the phoenixis usually a CGI creature. However I did find that in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 Fleurs wedding dress had two phoenixs' facing toward each other.


Originally Alexander McQueens design, the costume designer of Harry Potter, Jany Temime, slightly alltered the design to fit in with the Harry Potter style.


Drawings paintings of phoe nix done in different medias.



Sample using fabric crayons:


I painted a picture of fire,because the phoenix is linked with fire:







I also did a batik sample using the fire image:




After the fire it was then eagles:





Colage from magazine pieces, using the image above:





No comments:

Post a Comment