Wednesday 1 February 2012

Egyptian Dress

Last Mock FMP, I had the choice for this project but I wanted to choose something that had many different parts to it, interesting research and different styles.


I chose Egyptian because I have always been interested int the culture, and I made a dress egyptian style.



To get to this finished garment I produced 10 designs, trying to stick to the egyptian style and the egyptian colours. I knew I deffinatly wanted to make a long to the floor dress to symbolise an egyptian queen.



From these designs I created samples to go with my work, these are some of my best ones, knitting the knit shown was difficult to do becasue of the alternating colours. The batik was easy I have knitted over the wax as well, to give it something extra.



 Batik sample, machine stitched back over following the lines, very difficult but I liked the result.




No comments:

Post a Comment