Wednesday 1 February 2012

Sweet Wrapper Dress

Yummy project, for this project I had to buy about 5 big bags of sweets, purely because I needed the wrappers for my dress. This was for the recycle project, I started by looking at what types of materials can be recycled. I decided on sweet wrappers because you can get so many different types, and colours. I started out by making the basic dress, then sewing the sweet wrappers together, then sewing them onto the dress. It was very challenging, because when there are that many sweet wrappers together it becomes very hard not to rip them.








It took s lot of designs to get to this final dress. This dress took 4 huge bags of sweets, only using the wrappers,and creating a colour wheel effect all the way down the dress, using silver to fill in the gaps and running down the sides to hide the seams.







No comments:

Post a Comment