Friday 10 February 2012

WW2 Project (Chosen Poem)

Perhaps (To R.A.L) by Vera Brittain


Perhaps some day the sun will shine again,
And I shall see that still the skies are blue,
And feel once more I do not live in vain,
Although bereft of you.

Perahps the golden meadows at my feet
Will make the sunny hours of spring seem gay,
And I shall find the white May-blossoms sweet,
Though you have passed away.

Perhaps the summer woods shimmer bright,
And crimson roses once again be fair,
And autumn harvest feilds a rich delight,
Although you are not there.

Perhaps some day I shall not shrink in pain,
To see the passing of the dying year,
And listen to christmas songs again,
Although you cannot hear.

But though kind time may many joys renew,
There is one greatest joy I shall not know,
Again, becasue my heart for loss of you,
Was broken, long ago.


For this we had to choose a poem and create a character and a story for that poem. For my final garment I had to create an apron and a 1940's dress, but both of these had to be related to the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment