Wednesday 1 February 2012

Waterfall dress



This was for the organic project, I looked closely at waterfalls, the structure, the movement, and the colouring of the waterfalls. Especially in my fashion illustrations I chose the main colours of a waterfall, which are shades of blue, green and browns.




Designs










In my samples for this project I also tried to stick to the same few colours of a waterfall, I did a weave, felt, wire manipulation, fabric manipulation, I also put a mini sample of different fabrics next to each illustration to give an idea of what I would make the garment out of and how I would do it.


I went on a trip myself to Swallow Falls in Wales, it was a very long journey and a very cold day, especially when we took a wrong turn and started travelling up to Snowdonia. During this I took photos for observational drawings and some just for my sketchbook. I also recorded a video of the waterfall in motion, to see how it moves and how that can inspire me for my fashion designs. 









No comments:

Post a Comment